Friday, March 4, 2011

Circle(s)



Circle is an area in Accra where I go to hand out a lot of the questionnaires I am using for my research. There is a Ghana Post (aka the Ghana post office), which offers international money transfer services and is more flexible in terms of navigating versus some large banks and financial institutions who wouldn't want to impact customer service at all with questionnaires/are a little more weary of "research" or people looking for information. I digress... Yea so Circle... has this BIG circle (how ironic) that leads to different rows that brings you to different parts of Accra.

Circle... I feel as though it is a metaphor for my life right now. I find myself running around in Circles... going to different locations, in the same Accra areas.. talking to be people... gathering the target sample size and interviews... etc. And when I got to Circle... I feel like I AM always running around in Circles... first, it was trying to get to the Ghana Post via Trotro... HOT @$$ MESS... LITERALLY!!! hahaha. When I got off at the Trotro station, another Trotro decided to repeatedly rear end my trotro. I wouldn't have minded as much... if I wasn't exiting the Trotro via the backdoor exit/entrance... as it happened! Oh well... at 45 pesewas it is still a bargain! hahaha.

Well, the city routine was getting monotonous... so I decided it was time to make my way to conduct interviews at a RURAL rural bank. I use the term RURAL rural bank, because I had previous visited a rural bank in Labone in the Accra area, but well... it wasn't so far from the main city/Accra Central, and Circle etc... so I would try one of the rural banks closer to where I am staying in Haatso. The bank was in Abokobi, and well... hears to hoping it is a RURAL rural bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment