Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thoughts on leaving Ghana so soon.

My time here went by so quickly! The 60 days are almost up! I can't believe its over. My research coupled with some interesting transportation experiences have given me some ups and downs, but overall I loved EVERYTHING!! I am really going to miss Ghana a lot. During the previous weeks I had a chance to hang out with some friends and family from back in the U.S. and they made me realize how good I have it back home! I sometimes take for granted the amazing people in my life. Family that is close by makes me feel at home in the cold Evanston falls and winters. Friends who are always there to watch GLee with on Tuesday nights! (ugh I am SOO behind on season 2!!). My roommates adorable dog who will jump on me or sit beside me as I type emails in the morning or work on papers and assignments in the evenings... well I am sad to go, but ready to return! The visits were just the taste I needed to help close one chapter in my life and open another. The week is going to be EXTREMELY hectic... So... look for an upcoming post on my return to the states.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Nikki



Jostten and I at Nkrumah Memorial Park

Myrtie and I at Bella Roma.



Myrtie and I- hanging out at home.





Auntie Maude and I! (My older sister, Maude, is named after this AMAZING woman- that explains her ballerness-- my middle name is my momma's WHOMP ON MY LIFE lol jk).

No comments:

Post a Comment