Sunday, March 20, 2011

Trotro Friend!


This adorable little girl sat next to me the day I took the Trotro into Abokobi... for those of you who don't know, the Trotro is the raggedy old van thingy, and let me tell you...it is RAGGEDY! She saw me taking pictures and video outside the window on the scenic bus ride, so I asked if she wanted to snap one. We smiled and just enjoyed the scenic bus ride together. She got off at a stop earlier than me... and as the Trotro rode off I turned around to catch her waving. Her hand waving wildy attached to a slim arm.

During my time in Ghana, I have been met with so much kindness and warmness, from complete strangers. Who have turned into my makeshift friends and at times research assistants. Everyone from security at banks I had out souveniors too, the manager of a rural bank, and workers in a local forex in Accra, Circle. Ghana is just a bundle of warmth. From the warm people, to the blazing sun upon my face, I am deeply saddened that my time is coming to an end, but I am overjoyed by the love that awaits from friends and family back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment