Friday, January 28, 2011

Akwaaba...





...it means welcome in Twi :-)! Everyone has been so welcoming! It's great! I am also trying to perfect my Twi staying here. I even have a Twi companion guide with sayings and expressions I want to remember ( I just write them down, and the book is small enough to fit in my pocket, so I take it everywhere. I am understanding a lot! It's just that my cousin, and family speak English so at times it is hard to get in the swing of my Twi pronunciation, but they are being VERY helpful though, which is nice. Today was my first full day in Ghana, and it was GREAT! Wheetabix in the morning for breakfast, red red (beans in stew) and fried plantain for lunch, dinner we went out to an Italian restaurant/lounge for food and drinks (although there was some nice yam and kuntumbre (spinach) stew waiting for us at home). That was a lot of fun! By we I mean my cousin and her boyfriend, who were gracious enough to drive me around and show me a little of Accra. We went to the Mall of Accra to get a sim card for my phone. I have a Ghana number, so now I am good to go!

The weather is great! Tomorrow I am headed to a wedding with my aunt, although I want to work out in the morning before we go. And next week Monday I am headed to Legon to meet with some professors about my project, the following day I am setting up an appointment so I can meet with a few people at the Bank of Ghana.. well off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment