Friday, January 28, 2011

Airport Reflections...



I’m so exhausted right now! Waiting in the Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands. No internet so, I will just post this when I get to Ghana. I am so extremely happy right now; it actually makes me want to cry (bizarre right?). Maybe I am excited because I left in the middle of yet ANOTHER large New England snow storm.

Well, when I was in Logan Airport about to board the plane, I was able to get a hold of a Samsung charger to charge my Voda Phone cell phone! It made me extremely sad. When the phone came on, I saw new text messages and a few messages from the family I taught English to in Madrid. It just brought up a lot of really great memories about the whole experience. It just made me think about it A LOT. Why do I find soo much happiness in some things? Examples: A calm moment at the Okrah house (well, that is just rare), nice weather, laughing and sharing with friends. There are sooo many things that can you get you down in this world, and I think TOO many times they are able to frazzle me, shake me and almost break me.

It’s a continual process, but I think slowly Madrid, and Spain helped me shed “some of my foolish ways.” I’ve been praying a lot and reflecting on this journey to Ghana… What I hope to bring back… A good interview sample and interesting findings, but also, great perspective on life…and capturing all the warmth and happiness I can and living that day to day back in the States. I was borderline depressed when I came back from Madrid (hahaha). Looking back at it I can laugh. But that was a good learning experience... I am taking the positive things from Ghana… and using them to guide, my spirit, career and ultimately life. No re-entry depression for me back in the States (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment